In order to leverage BlackBerry’s sponsorship of MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One™ Team, brand leverage and activations took place during the Grand Prix du Canada, Montréal.
The Montréal activity was designed to attract consumers on-line and on/off-track, providing engaging content for race fans and city visitors alike. Central to the activation were device and platform demonstrations as well as interactive experiences such as the pit car challenge, photo opportunities, Q&A sessions and a customization station.
The consumer activation was negotiated as part of the Peel Paddock Festival. Approximately 100,000 people passed through the gates of this free event as they made their way around the city on race weekend.
Activation touchpoints included:
– Pit Car Challenge
– Display Car
– Q&A Sessions with F1 on-air announcer Peter Windsor, F1 current driver Sam Bird and former F1 driver Stefan Johansson
– Device Demonstrations
– Customization Station – Unique Poster Keepsakes
– Charging Stations & Battery Swap
– Festival Branding
– Drive to Retail in Partnership with Bell Canada
– VIP Hospitality including Paddock and Garage Tours
– Hotel / Suite Branding
– Foursquare check ins